Monday, March 8, 2010

What am I doing?

I am finally getting started with my blog. I am sitting in Gina C.'s classroom and typing my first entry. It's been several weeks since our first technology class. During the class, I really thought I understood what was going on and looked forward to the "homework". As soon as I left the class, I prompty forgot everything that I learned and have been struggling since. There are not many environments where I feel uncomfortable and question my ability to learn the material. But, this class has pushed me to the limit of my comfort-zone. I will continue and just realize that this will be difficult for me.

6 comments:

  1. Reading your blog has made me feel that I am not alone out their.Learning this new technology is exciting but as soon as I left class and tried to start on my own I began to panic. It can be really scary. Us Mouseketeers will have to stick together. Maybe there are special mousekatools for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all being pushed beyond our comfort level. As hard as it may be, it is really important to continue to grow and learn. Just think I great you will feel when you can confidently discuss technology, blogs, wikis, and the like. I applaud your effort and willingness to stick with this class. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When just beginning a new learning task, it often feels scary and overwhelming. Once we plunge in and get past those first emotions, it usually isn't as bad as we thought. I'm always amazed that knowing that, I still feel intimidated over and over. I think it's just part of the learning process for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing great!! I always tell the children that if it is hard, you are really learning something. I'm glad you stuck with it. We are all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops...I accidentally deleted my post...You're not alone, obviously, learning about this stuff!! You can do it! Look at you...you're part of the Wiki-Wiki-Wiki-Wiki-Wiki Room! Ok, so there aren't any singing birds and we're not at the Magic Kingdom, but you successfully started a blog (with a great name, by the way, including a hidden square mickey at the top of the page) Hang in there--we're all on the same Jungle Cruise, learning with you. Learning more about technology will make us realize It's a Small World after all! :)

    ReplyDelete